Apply immediately but no later than November 29, 2022
The East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications for an Operations and Administrative Officer position with its Judicial System Strengthening Activity (JSSA) in Uzbekistan, a four-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented until September 2025. JSSA is divided into three objectives: Objective 1 will strengthen the administration of justice by improving court and case management; Objective 2 will strengthen the professionalism of the judiciary through enhanced training initiatives, and Objective 3 will strengthen public trust in the judiciary. The following is a full-time, long-term (until September 2025) position based in Tashkent, beginning immediately. The position is open only to persons eligible to work in Uzbekistan.
The Operations and Administrative Officer is responsible for assisting the JSSA Staff in daily operations of the EWMI branch office in Uzbekistan and in activity implementation. This full-time position reports to the Chief of Party.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead project office management, including operational, administrative, and human resources responsibilities in line with EWMI,USAID, and national policies, procedures, and legislation;
- Manage basic operations of the office and its staff, including files and record management, office inventory and maintenance, correspondence, contact lists, implementation of operational policies and procedures, and related tasks;
- Oversee administrative support of the project and its activities, including event management, scheduling, travel arrangements, and related tasks;
- Support logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops, i.e., printing of training materials, coordination of workshop supplies, arrangement of travel and lodging for participants and staff, and liaising with venues , in accordance with EWMI finance and administrative policies and procedures;
- Cooperate with the JSSA Event and Training Coordinator to ensure smooth preparation, execution, and follow-up for all JSSA activities;
- Liaise with participants of EWMI activities on necessary preparations for events as needed, including ensuring receipt of participant information, participant vetting, relaying of travel arrangements, and facilitating requests for travel advances as needed;
- In coordination with finance and program staff, support procurement of goods and services in compliance with EWMI and USAID regulations, including research and solicitation of vendors, publication of procurement tenders, gathering of quotes and vendor offers, and ensuring compliant documentation of these efforts;
- Maintain vendor and consultant databases as needed, and ensure recruitment of qualified, diverse suppliers for all operational and technical needs of the office;
- Oversee human resources responsibilities such as recruitment and hiring, records management, performance review processes, implementation of human resources policies, and related tasks.
- Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure constant and adequate availability of office supplies, stationery and equipment; Prepare letters and other correspondence, produce reports, basic tables and graphics, data as needed, and managee the reproduction and assembly of reports and other project documentation, draft new contracts.
- Coordinate the timely processing for payment of vendor, supplier, and other transactions with project finance functions. Suggested replacement: Ensure timely processing of all vendor and staff payments in cooperation with the Finance Manager, including gathering of all payment requests, tracking, and scheduling of payments in an efficient manner
- Manage overall project/office schedules as assigned;
- Maintain a database of all incoming and outgoing communications; handle shipping/ mailing/delivery of outgoing communications in coordination with other project staff;
- Receive telephone calls and perform reception duties, as needed, in a professional and courteous manner;
- Other related duties as required.
- At least three (3) years of working experience on the same or similar tasks in an international and/or diverse environment;
- Demonstrated experience working with Uzbek government institutions, non-governmental organizations, and external vendors; ;
- Demonstrated experience with donor procurement and financial procedures; Work experience with U.S. government-funded projects is an asset;
- Demonstrated experiences administering human resources practices and policies ;
- Strong organization and planning skills; demonstrated experience in office administration, event planning, and project management support;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain confidential operational and human resources information;
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, flexibility to manage fast timelines and multiple work streams, and;
- Fluency in Uzbek, Russian, and English required.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Operations and Administrative Officer” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply