Purpose and Objective: EWMI seeks applications from Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) specialists and/or firms to help define and support EWMI’s DEI goals. This includes development and implementation of an organization-wide assessment examining EWMI’s current DEI practices; the design and implementation of a training program on DEI for EWMI staff in its home office (HO) with potential extension to field offices (FO) overseas; and the development of a draft DEI strategy.
General Responsibilities: The consultant will work under the direction of EWMI senior management to conduct an assessment examining DEI practices at EWMI and providing training to all of EWMI HO staff regarding DEI best practices, which we hope will result in the development of a draft DEI strategy. The assessment will include:
• Meeting with EWMI leadership and staff to better understand current DEI initiatives and gaps.
• Reviewing EWMI’s existing DEI strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
• Reviewing organizational policies (i.e., country-specific GESI, compliance, finance, legal) and training practices with a focus on DEI.
• Reviewing human resources (HR) practices and policies, including recruitment, retention, career progression, talent management and compensation.
• Reviewing practices in selection of implementing partners and procuring vendors to identify any existing gaps.
The consultant will prepare a report that will include recommendations and/or training suggestions to strengthen DEI and identify specific actions EWMI can take, including education and training resources, addressing both HO operations as a priority and assisting the HO in developing approaches to addressing FO DEI considerations. In addition, the consultant will deliver a training program to all HO staff regarding DEI best practices and concerns, including specific steps that EWMI staff can take to improve the organization’s approach to DEI, and the collaborative development of a draft DEI strategy.
Timeframe: September – December 2022.
• At least five years’ experience developing and implementing collaborative DEI audits and strategy development activities for public and private organizations. This previous experience should include:
*Applying DEI in HR practices and operations and in programming;
*Facilitating dialogues or conversations on DEI topics; and
*Conducting DEI trainings for a diverse audience.
• Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information discreetly.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work across multiple levels of the organization and to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse group of professionals in the US and overseas by developing and maintaining effective working relationships and reconciling differing viewpoints.
• Interest/experience in international development and working with US government funded organizations is preferred.
To Apply: Individuals or organizations interested in applying should submit a brief overview of their relevant prior experience, examples of three similar assignments they have undertaken, the CVs of proposed staff, and a proposed fixed fee for each deliverable: (a) an assessment of DEI practices; (b) training to EWMI staff; and (c) development of a DEI strategy to email@example.com no later than August 1, 2022. No calls please. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, or sexual or gender identity.