Apply immediately, but no later than May 27, 2022
East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications by qualified candidates for the Chief of Party (COP) position as part of EWMI’s proposal for the planned USAID-funded Strengthening Citizen Engagement Activity (SCEA) in Serbia. The Program will work to increase citizen engagement in community development and reform processes, through capacity building, technical support, re-granting, and cross-sectoral cooperation activities. This is a long-term position that is expected to start in October 2022.
The COP will be responsible for overall SCEA’s management and is expected to interact regularly with a diverse range of actors such as Activity staff, USAID staff, other donors, and all Activity stakeholders and beneficiaries.
Qualified candidates should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of related work experience in managing donor-supported programming, preferably USAID-funded programs in Southeast Europe or similar contexts, in the relevant areas of citizen engagement, civil society support, good governance, democracy, and human rights;
- Master’s degree in social sciences, public policy, law, community development, media and communications, international development, or other equivalent professional degree; a bachelor’s degree with two (2) additional years of relevant experience beyond the minimum required years of work experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced degree;
- Demonstrated experience working with and empowering local partners and traditionally marginalized groups;
- Demonstrated record of achieving results through sustainable efforts involving local and regional organizations and actors;
- Demonstrated experience of working with and connecting beneficiaries and partners in a variety of formats and locations and cross-regionally including online, in-person, inside and outside of the country;
- English proficiency is required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: email@example.com and include “Strengthening Citizen Engagement in Serbia” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information.